Problem 1: A user tries to upload a file and gets error “The file ‘<filename>’ could not be uploaded because it is larger than the maximum allowed file size of 0 MB.” although the maximum allowed file size is 10 MB or larger.
Cause: the file extension is amongst the restricted extensions for Activities (e.g. batch files or executable files)
Solution: give the file extension a larger upload limit.
Problem 2:A user needs to upload a file which is larger than the maximum allowed file size (default: 10 MB).
Solution: give the wildcard file extension a larger upload limit
Solution with Websphere Commandline Interface
Search the HCL Connections documentation for the steps to solve your problem.
- Start the wsadmin commandline interface as administrator. ATTENTION: All commands for the commandline interface are case sensitive!
- Activate the relevant Jython script.
- Check out the relevant HCL Connections configuration XML file.
- Open the HCL Connections configuration XML file and edit the parameters. ATTENTION: Make sure you don’t accidentally violate the XML schema, e.g. by forgetting to close a tag or a quotation mark.
- Check in the configuration file again.
Solution with Connections Administration Toolkit (CAT)
Navigate to Administration – Activities, subsection Restrictions. All current upload restrictions are displayed and can be modified from there: