Problem 1: A sender name and email needs to be set for Connections email notifications
Problem 2: Default email and following preferences need to be set for all users. Users should not be able to edit the default following frequencies for responses and tags
Solution with Websphere Commandline Interface
- Search the HCL Connections documentation for the steps to solve your problem.
- Start the wsadmin commandline interface as administrator. ATTENTION: All commands for the commandline interface are case sensitive!
- Activate the relevant Jython script.
- Check out the relevant HCL Connections configuration XML file.
- Open the HCL Connections configuration XML file and edit the parameters. ATTENTION: Make sure you don’t accidentally violate the XML schema, e.g. by forgetting to close a tag or a quotation mark.
- Check in the configuration file again.
Solution with Connections Administration Toolkit (CAT)
Navigate to Administration – General, subsection Notifications (General).
Problem 1: In the ‘General’ tab, you can set the sender name and email adress for all notifications. Other default configuration properties are also available, including a short explanation as to what they do: