Problem 1: A new file extension needs to be registered to a MIME type
Problem 2: Preventing particular file extensions from opening right in the browser.
Solution with Websphere Commandline Interface
- Search the HCL Connections documentation for the steps to solve your problem.
- Start the wsadmin commandline interface as administrator. ATTENTION: All commands for the commandline interface are case sensitive!
- Activate the relevant Jython script.
- Check out the relevant HCL Connections configuration XML file.
- Open the HCL Connections configuration XML file and edit the parameters. ATTENTION: Make sure you don’t accidentally violate the XML schema, e.g. by forgetting to close a tag or a quotation mark.
- Check in the configuration file again.
Solution with Connections Administration Toolkit (CAT)
Navigate to Administration – Files, subsection Mime Types. There, all available MIME types are displayed, including the extensions and which of them can be opened from web.