Attention: This feature is only available with Connections 5.0!
HCL Connections can be configured to force user authentication prior to accessing public information. When HCL Connections is configured to force authentication, previewing even public content becomes impossible
Solution with Websphere Commandline Interface
- Search the HCL Connections documentation for the steps to solve your problem.
- Start the wsadmin commandline interface as administrator. ATTENTION: All commands for the commandline interface are case sensitive!
- Activate the relevant Jython script.
- Check out the relevant HCL Connections configuration XML file
- Open the HCL Connections configuration XML file and edit the parameters. ATTENTION: Make sure you don’t accidentally violate the XML schema, e.g. by forgetting to close a tag or a quotation mark.
- Check in the configuration file again.
Solution with Connections Administration Toolkit (CAT)
Navigate to Administration – News, subsection Configure. In the tabs URL Preview (Security) and URL Preview (Download), you can change all settings for URL previews.