Every Connections event triggers a notification, which is then sent as email according to the user’s following preferences. To avoid a flood of unnecessary notifications, some events can be disabled. The email addresses from which the rest of the events are sent can be customized, too.
Solution with Websphere Commandline Interface
Search the HCL Connections documentation for the steps to solve your problem.
- Start the wsadmin commandline interface as administrator. ATTENTION: All commands for the commandline interface are case sensitive!
- Activate the relevant Jython script.
- Check out the relevant HCL Connections configuration XML file.
- Open the HCL Connections configuration XML file and edit the parameters. ATTENTION: Make sure you don’t accidentally violate the XML schema, e.g. by forgetting to close a tag or a quotation mark.
- Check in the configuration file again.
- There are more than fifty events that can be customized.
Solution with Connections Administration Toolkit (CAT)
Navigate to Administration – General, subsection Notifications (Events). You will get a list of all available events, sorted by feature. All customization of email sender addresses, enabling, and disabling of events can easily be done by editing the individual inputs.